11.3.11

A new Discovery of Paper offcuts..

When thinking of how to further expand creating handmade text, all that kept coming to mind was stenciled out paper lettering. Then I stumbled across an advert on the Internet promoting the London Olympics with their famous logo and gorgeous typeface..


I just happened to have a large number of white paper offcuts when creating the sculptures for Task 1. And I started folding them to create letters, and this is when the eureka moment happened...




By creating folds in the disused paper strips I was able to create a unique 3D typeface with complete control how I would like to display them compared to a stencils where once its been cut, its been cut. I also loved how these letters formed when photographed as they all created their own qwerky shadows when taken at different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment