11.3.11

Creating damage with Stencil Work.

After looking at the potential of using final sculpture images and digitally adding on text in the production stage, I wanted to look at the other end of the scale, hand made type.

Something in which I personally enjoy doing is creating text by hand. I started off by simply writing my name on some paper and then stenciling it out..


At the time of cutting, it was a beautiful sunny day and the light from the window casted some interesting shadow effects so I decided to explore this more by take a few shots with some controlled light...



As an effect, it did look very nice and gave a new insight into exploring the negative space around it. However, it was very difficult to get a good clear angle of my name casting on the other side as the smallest movements can make the shadow more blurry and unoticable. On the other hand though, I want to see how this looks when the text for the brief is added on...

No comments:

Post a Comment