3.3.11

Dipping my feet into Origami...

After looking at primary and secondary research as well as Richard Sweeneys helpful workshops, I wanted to explore a very popular method of paper folding, origami. Apart from making paper aeroplanes as a kid, I've never really got into it before and I wanted to set myself a challenge. With the help of a few library books to understand the basics of folding etc, It resulted in this shape..









As a whole, this process was very fiddly and time consuming with the skills of having patience and a steady hand an absolute must! However, I'm very pleased with how the photos turned out especially as the sharp edges produces a nice crisp contrast between the differnt hues. It reminds me of one of those paper lampshades you can get from Ikea...

From doing Richard Sweeneys organic aproach and more fluid outcomes of the paper compared to the very square origami, I'm going to stick with Richard Sweeney's talent for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment